In 2017, Truckee became only the 14th city to earn the prestigious California Cultural District designation. Distinctive for its small-town vibe and mountain scenery, Truckee offers a creative culture that celebrates a tightly knit community, western history, and independent spirit, with abundant artists, arts venues, and special events.
To show off Truckee’s coveted designation and highlight its numerous and diverse cultural offerings this September and October, Visit Truckee created Fall Into Art, a fall festival bringing all offerings into one season-long celebration.
“The inaugural Fall Into Art event is Truckee’s own ‘Artown,’ with signature events including Art & Soul, Trails and Vistas, and Arts for the Schools performances,” says Colleen Dalton, director of Truckee tourism and economic programs. “Since Truckee won the sought-after California Cultural District designation, our art community has come together more than ever to celebrate our history, creativity, and mountain vibe.”
During the Fall Into Art festival, look for a wide range of artistic and cultural offerings, including visual, performance, written, culinary, and musical work; historical tours, talks, and tributes; and recreational opportunities that honor the mountain lifestyle. See the complete list of Fall Into Art events.
- 7, 8 Trails & Vistas Art Hikes
- 14 Art & Soul – ArtWalk (Downtown Truckee) 14, 15 Donner Party Hike
- 19, 20, 21, 22 Sierra Nevada Yarn Crawl
- 20-21 Autumn Food & Wine Festival (Northstar) 26 Leya McCalla – Creole Haitian Music
- 5 Downtown Truckee Wine, Walk & Shop 17, 18 Historical Haunted Tour
- 18 Ron Artis, Blues prodigy from Hawaii 1-31 Scenic Fall Foliage Hikes
- Live Bands, Films, Improv – Historic Downtown Truckee Ceramics, Metal, Wood – Truckee Roundhouse Makerspace Knitting, Drawing, Photography,
Painting – Atelier
- History, Speakers – Donner Memorial State Park Museum Activites, Crafts, Science – Kidzone Museum
- Truckee Railroad Museum – Historic Downtown Truckee
For details about Fall Into Art or the Truckee Cultural District, visit TruckeeCulturalDistrict.com.