Truckee Chamber Is Hiring!
June 29, 2023
The Truckee Chamber of Commerce is hiring for a full-time Membership & Programs Manager. Scroll down for the job description and how to apply.
Job Description: Membership & Programs Manager
Reporting to: President & CEO
Full-Time – Exempt
Salary Range: $65,000 – $75,000 yearly
Working closely with the Truckee Chamber President/CEO, the Membership & Programs Manager will guide all relationships with Truckee Chamber members, including initial sales, retention, and sponsorships. The goal of this position will be to achieve the highest revenue potential for the Truckee Chamber through mutually beneficial and sustained relationships with our membership and engagement with the broadest possible sphere of Truckee-area businesses.
The Membership & Programs Manager, with the help of the Director of Operations, is also responsible for coordinating and delivering programs on behalf of the Truckee Chamber of Commerce which are of meaningful value to our membership and stakeholders. This role will collaborate with team members to bring fresh, innovative, and creative ideas and processes to events such as Good Morning Truckee, Mixers, and Lunch and Learns. All programs are designed to enhance the value and experience of stakeholders.
- Work to achieve yearly sales goals for new and renewing members
- Create a membership recruitment and retention program for Truckee Chamber of Commerce
- Engage with current members through email, phone calls, and in person visits to assist members in taking advantage of membership including benefits and programs.
- Process new members including collection of appropriate dues, and entering into ChamberMaster
- Oversee new member onboarding and tracking spreadsheet to ensure new members receive a welcome email, write-up in chamber communications, social media post, directory web page, and their Facebook page liked and/or Instagram page followed by the Chamber
- Maintain accurate database in ChamberMaster for all members and their representatives
- Work with the Marketing & Communications Manager on content for monthly Member E-Newsletter and bi-weekly Big Life emails
- Lead and coordinate activities of the Ambassador Committee
- Review New Members, Dropped Members, A/R Reports monthly with President/CEO
- Research new membership dues structure with the goal of implementing the new structure by the end of FY 24
- Provide recommendations or seek assistance on the appropriate materials and collateral needed for the execution of the above tasks including, but not limited to, solicitation letters and programs for the membership.
- Manage and coordinate the scheduling and production of mixers, ribbon cuttings and Big Life Connections Events
- Assist the Director of Operations in any event logistics and speaker scheduling for Good Morning Truckee and Lunch & Learns
- Assist Director of Operations in planning and coordinating aspects of the Annual Awards Event and 4th of July Parade
- Ensure an accurate and robust event calendar on truckee.com
- Be the Lead staff member for the production of Job Fairs and economic/workforce development programs
- Assist President & CEO with Sponsorship sales for all events and programs
Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in customer success, account management or sales
- Successful track record of fundraising and sales experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, computer skills and organizational skills.
- Possess knowledge and skills in using CRMs
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and respond to the organization’s needs in a timely fashion.
- Knowledge of event production
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and meet goals
- Ability to be creative and change and adapt plans as needed
- Must be a strong public speaker and be comfortable developing and delivering presentations on behalf of the Chamber.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including some nights
- Possesses a passion for the success and progress of the Truckee community.
Benefits & Compensation
- Salary $65,000 – $75,000 DEO
- Paid Time Off (PTO): Enjoy three weeks of annual leave, providing you with the flexibility to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- 12 paid Holidays: July 4th (or 5th if working parade), Labor Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving + Day After, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents Day, Memorial Day, Juneteenth
- Cell Phone Allowance: Receive a monthly allowance of $60 to cover cell phone expenses related to your work responsibilities.
- Mileage Allowance: All mileage done for work events is reimbursable to the federal rate
- Retirement Savings: Take advantage of our 3% employer match for your Individual Retirement Account (IRA).
- Health Benefits: We provide comprehensive health benefits to our employees.
- Hybrid Work Schedule: We value the need for flexibility and offer the ability to work a hybrid schedule, combining in-office and remote work as appropriate.
How to Apply
To apply for the Membership & Programs Manager email your resume and cover letter to Jessica Penman, President & CEO, at email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, July 21, 2023