While the Truckee community is reeling from business impacts due to COVID-19, we extend our deepest thoughts to beloved visitors who have supported our tourism economy. With immense compassion for everyone’s wish to be in the fresh mountain air, now is NOT the time to visit Truckee.
Truckee’s healthcare system is excellent but limited. The consequences of COVID-19 for our small town would be devastating. Our first positive case was reported Monday, March 16th and is under self-quarantine.
Right now, please support Truckee-Tahoe businesses from afar. Here are some ways to do so:
- Rebook lodging for a later date.
- Reach out to businesses you enjoyed in the past – send an email, post a photo, tag words of encouragement, and follow them on social media to stay up to date on the latest services and offerings.
- Consider making donations to local businesses and nonprofits.
- Buy gift cards – read this amazing story about how an outdoor gear store in Tahoe City raised $75K in just 4 days.
- Ask for store credit versus refunds.
- Pay for an online yoga or fitness class.
- Order books, sports gear, and more online from our local shops – many shops can ship or deliver items to your house.
- Reconsider canceling memberships.
- Order delivery, curbside pickup from these restaurants, sports shops, and grocery stores in Truckee.
- Ordering takeout? Leave an extra tip. Your generosity will help support restaurant staff that are now under or unemployed.
- Take advantage of end of season discounts – many shops are offering great end of season deals on outdoor gear as we move into spring.
Cash flow is critical for us right now. There’s no amount too small and every dollar spent is a vote for the small businesses that make Truckee unique.
But again, now is not the time to visit. Some restaurants, retail shops, and lodging establishments are CLOSED. All ski areas are closed. We are facing heartbreaking, serious decisions and will need the help of our tourism family on the road to recovery.
Please engage with VISIT TRUCKEE on social media as we seek to keep you informed, hopeful and advised on what’s going on in Truckee. #TruckeeLove #TruckeeBaseCamp.
Over the coming weeks, we will share photos and stories to keep you entertained and hopeful when happy times are here again. Truckee will be ready to welcome you when the world is ready to travel again. Good karma, pay-it-forward, BE STRONG and we will see you soon. Our mountains, lakes, rivers, forests, and trails will be here to welcome you back. There will be many more winters and fresh pow in the years ahead!
For daily updates, please visit the Truckee.com home page. As businesses rapidly close, it is best to Google by name, view websites and make calls if necessary.
VISIT TRUCKEE – love you, miss you.
Stay informed, sign up for Visit Truckee E-Newsletter
List of Truckee businesses, if you want to help or get information:
Truckee Chamber of Commerce Business Directory Use the Truckee Chamber of Commerce Business Directory to search for local healthcare and government, to plumbing, resorts, restaurants, and much more.