Update from Truckee Chamber of Commerce
- MESSAGE FROM THE TRUCKEE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE (updated often!)
- >>>> Click on message to hear action Truckee Town Council took at their March 25th meeting
- U.S. Chamber Small Business Guide and CARES Act -- easy to read guide
- Sierra Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is aggregating business resources on the website. Additionally, they have partnered with Tahoe Truckee Community Foundation to host a series of webinars, all of which are recorded and available for viewing and/or audio on their website. They are also posting valuable information on their Facebook page. Call them directly at 530-582-5022.
WEBINAR: Tuesday, April 14, 2020 at 9:30 am Free Knowledge Bites Google Workshop: Connect with Customers Online and Manage Your Business Remotely Now more than ever, it's important for your customers to be able to reach you, get updates about your business online, and pivot sales to e-commerce. Learn how to optimize your website, update customers with information across Google, stay relevant to your customers during adjusted hours or temporary closures, and other marketing tactics to help your business grow and stay afloat. Join Grow with Google speaker and brand + marketing strategist, Corissa Saint Laurent for this information-packed webinar.
WEBINAR: Thursday, April 2, 2020 National COVID-19 Stimulus Package and What it Means for Small Business Congress and the Administration recently passed a $2 trillion stimulus package designed to combat the financial losses COVID-19 has caused businesses across the country. Join us for a free webinar to learn about how your small business could be impacted by the current package and resources you can take advantage of at this time. (Register to access the recording of this informative webinar.)
- HR Information -- TruckeeHR has posted several blogs on their website with good information (laid off vs furlough, Emergency Paid Sick Leave, etc.)
- >>> Hear recorded interviews from community leaders on 101.5FM Truckee Tahoe Radio
- >>>>>> Mayor David Polivy, Vice Mayor Anna Klovstad, Truckee Police Chief Rob Leftwich, Taylor Wolf Nevada County, Harry Weis, President & CEO Tahoe Forest Health System, Lynn Saunders President & CEO Truckee Chamber of Commerce, Kristin York, Sierra Small Business Development Center, Steven Poncelet TDPUD and more
- All Lodging (including short term, nightly rentals) are on Town of Truckee Request to close until May 23.
- OPEN FOR BUSINESS -- Restaurants and Bars offer TAKE-OUT, CURBSIDE AND DELIVERY -- and can now include alcohol too!
- >>> Truckee.com - Pick-up, Delivery & Deals
- >>> Moonshine Ink
- >>> Sierra Sun
- Governor Newsom Issues Statewide Order for all residents to "Stay at Home"
- California Official website for more information covid19.ca.gov.
- What is an "essential" or "non-essential business"?
- >>> California COVID19.ca.gov descriptions of essential business
- >>> Nevada County FAQ's on essential businesses
- Message to Community from CEO Harry Weis Tahoe Forest Health System
- Tahoe Forest Health System (TFHS) has updated their COVID-19 Hotline number (530) 582-3450 from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm daily.
- The Town of Truckee's homepage has been completely redone to focus entirely on COVID-19. Check it out here.
- >>> Daily interviews on 101.5FM Truckee Tahoe Radio with Truckee Town Council
- Nevada County Updates and health statements: https://www.mynevadacounty.com/Coronavirus
- Nevada County Public Health reports first confirmed case of COVID-19
Truckee's California Welcome Center is closed. Amtrak train, Greyhound & Amtrak buses as well as local transportation continue to run barring weather/road conditions.